About Actavis, Inc.
Actavis, Inc. (NYSE: ACT) is a global, integrated specialty pharmaceutical company focused on developing, manufacturing and distributing generic, brand and biosimilar products.
The Company has global and U.S. headquarters in Parsippany, New Jersey, USA, and international headquarters in Zug, Switzerland.
- The new Actavis, Inc. is a powerful combination of the highly successful and previously separate Watson Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NYSE:WPI) and privately-held, Swiss-based Actavis Group.
- Actavis is the world’s third-largest generic pharmaceutical company, with more than 750 molecules in 1,700 dosage combinations marketed globally through operations in more than 60 countries.
- Actavis’ branded pharmaceutical business, which operates under the name Actavis Specialty Brands, develops and markets products principally in Urology and Women’s Health.
- Actavis is committed to developing and marketing biosimilars products in Women’s Health, Oncology and other therapeutic categories.
- Actavis’ Anda, Inc., is the fourth-largest U.S. generic pharmaceutical product distributor.
- Actavis develops and out-licenses generic pharmaceutical products to customers in more than 100 countries outside of the U.S. through its Medis third-party business.
Actavis has manufacturing, R&D and commercial operations in more than 60 countries, with access to more than 5 billion of the world’s consumers.
Our commercial operations and facilities are strategically located around the world to maximize development opportunities, ensure an uninterrupted supply of product to market and provide industry-leading customer service.
About Eden Biodesign
Eden Biodesign is an integrated biopharmaceutical development organization and part of Actavis, Inc. Actavis, Inc. (NYSE: ACT) is a global, integrated specialty pharmaceutical company focused on developing, manufacturing and distributing generic, brand and biosimilar products. Actavis is focused on enhancing its commercial position in global generics, brands and biologic pharmaceutical products, targeting products that will deliver long-term growth while maintaining a competitive cost structure.
Eden Biodesign is designated as Actavis’ Centre of Excellence for Biologics, delivering process and product development; cGMP manufacturing of biologics and quality/regulatory expertise from a custom-designed facility located in Liverpool, UK.
With well over a decade of experience in producing a wide range of complex biopharmaceuticals, Eden Biodesign provides Actavis with a strong foundation for establishing a leadership position in global biologics.
Eden Biodesign is currently developing biosimilar versions of complex biopharmaceuticals, such as recombinant Follicle Stimulating Hormone (rFSH) which was in-licensed in July 2010.
Development of biosimilar products, “biobetters” and innovative biologics requires a level of expertise that can only be built on long experience and a successful history. Eden Biodesign has an enviable track record based on dozens of successful development projects undertaken for third party partners ranging from start-up biotechnology companies to multinational pharmaceutical companies.
It stands to reason that if you don’t know where you are going, you’ll have trouble getting there. And we’ve learned that to succeed in biopharmaceutical development it’s vital to “begin with the end in mind”.
We understand exactly how process development and clinical manufacturing fit into the broader picture of clinical development and have an intimate knowledge of global regulations and what it takes to bring a product to international markets. As individuals, and as a team, we have taken biopharmaceuticals from early concept studies all the way to successful market approval.
The combination of Eden Biodesign’s substantial intellectual capital, world-class development and manufacturing technologies, state-of-the-art facilities and significant market expertise, coupled with Actavis’ leading expertise in commercialisation of both generic and branded pharmaceuticals makes us your partner of choice for development of biologics.